Working to meet Indiana’s new opioid CME requirement for physicians licensed to prescribe controlled substances just got easier. ISMA is proud and excited to offer the new "ISMA Online" mobile app, developed through a grant from the Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation to the Indiana Medical Foundation.
"ISMA Online" makes mandatory continuing medical education on opioid prescribing and abuse free and accessible to all Indiana physicians. The app is part of ISMA’s comprehensive program to educate physicians about the opioid crisis using innovative technology. We look forward to providing other high-quality CME through the app in the future.
CERTIFICATES/REPORTING YOUR CME TO THE MEDICAL LICENSING BOARD (MLB)
- Upon download of the app, you will need to create an account by completing the one-time registration form, setting up your profile and user password.
- An email will be sent to you from the ProLearn system. Please confirm your account by following the activation link in the site registration email.
If you don’t receive the registration email:
- Check your spam or junk folder for the email from email@example.com.
- If you don’t see the email in your spam or junk folder, your I.T. team may be blocking the email before it gets to you. Please contact your I.T. resource to see if they can add *@isma.prolearn.io to your safe senders list (whitelist) in your email system.
- If possible, use your personal email account.
- If you have followed steps 3 through 5 without success, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have successfully completed an activity, you will receive an email from email@example.com containing confirmation of completion and your CME certificate.
Each opioid series course counts toward meeting Indiana’s requirement that all Controlled Substances Registration (CSR) holders complete two hours of CME on opioid prescribing or abuse before they can obtain or renew a CSR.
You do not need to submit CME certificates of completion to the MLB. Instead, you will be asked to attest on your CSR application or renewal application that you have met the requirement. The MLB will audit up to 10 percent of licensees to ensure compliance, so you should retain certificates of completion for three years from your license or renewal date.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I download and install the app?
Select your mobile platform below to view an instructional video on how to access the "ISMA Online" app.
What is "activation expiration"?
The site registration email you receive contains an activation link. If you do not follow the link to activate your account within 36 hours, the link expires, and you must re-register for ProLearn.
How can I reset my password?
Mobile app users may reset their password by clicking on “I can’t access my account” just below the sign-in button for existing users. You will receive an email to reset your password.
Can I skip ahead through the course video?
The progress tracker bar shows your progress toward completing an activity with a green arrow.
You may skip ahead through the course video; however, if you do, the test questions will not appear. You will be required to return to where you left off to complete the course for credit.
If you need to stop viewing the course midstream, you may return to finish it later. Your course catalog will list courses in progress, along with the percentage completed.
Can I reprint my CME certificate?
Yes. Go to “My Courses: Completed,” and click the “Certificate” button. You will have the option to immediately print the certificate (“ISMA Standard”) or email a copy to yourself (“Email Certificates”).