A free webinar for Indiana physicians who want to apply for a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine is being offered by the Marion County Department of Public Health. Buprenorphine waivers expand access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorders (OUDs) in areas where it might otherwise be limited.
The webinar, “Half and Half MAT Waiver Training,” will be Friday, Jan. 8, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST and is open to physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Educational objectives include the following:
- Screen and identify patients with OUD and define evidence-based treatments.
- Discuss the pharmacology of opioids as it relates to treatment of OUD patients.
- Describe the fundamentals of office-based opioid treatment including the treatment of the co-morbid patient.
- Explain the process of buprenorphine induction as well as stabilization and maintenance.
- Discuss all FDA approved antagonist and agonist medications to treat OUD.
- Discuss basic office protocols including medical record documentation and confidentially.
- Utilize evidence-based resources to ensure providers have the confidence to prescribe buprenorphine for patients with OUD.
- Recognize the importance of obtaining a waiver to begin treating patients with OUD.
- Summarize the story of an individual who will share his lived experience with substance use disorder.
Learn more about buprenorphine waivers and how to obtain one here
LEARN MORE AND REGISTER >>