2023 Coding Updates: Part 1
Accredited for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Thurs., December 8, 2022
Noon – 1 p.m. ET
ISMA will be holding a two-part CME on coding updates scheduled for release by the AMA and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
There are numerous coding changes taking place in 2023 including:
- 1179 new ICD-10-CM codes, effective 10/1/2022
- 225 new CPT codes effective January 1, 2023
- New Evaluation and Management (E/M) documentation guidelines for inpatient and observation care services, consultations, emergency department services, nursing facility services, home and residence services, and prolonged services
In addition, the end of the Public Health Emergency guidelines will have some effect on telehealth services and Medicaid coverage for millions of people who were covered during COVID.
In Part 1, Carol Hoppe, ISMA practice management consultant, will discuss all of these changes and give you tools and suggestions on how to manage these challenges.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the ICD-10-CM changes that went into effect on 10/1/2022
- Identify new CPT code changes that apply to each specialty
- Understand the new coding and documentation requirements for E/M services
- Discuss the proposed changes in billing for telehealth
- Plan and prepare for future changes in Medicaid coverage
Carol Hoppe, CPC, CCS-P, CPC-1
President and CEO
MedLucid Solutions LLC
About the speaker:
Carol Hoppe has been in healthcare for more than 25 years working with a variety of specialty and primary care physicians. She has hands-on practice experience working in transcription, billing, collections, and office management. She previously worked as a consultant, instructor and Director of Billing, Coding and Credentialing for a large physician/hospital system in Indianapolis before starting her own consulting business in 2011 – MedLucid Solutions.
Carol holds a BS in Business Management from Indiana Wesleyan University. She is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and a Certified Professional Coding Instructor (CPC-I) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). She is a Certified Coding Specialist Physician-Based (CCS-P) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as well as an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM trainer. In addition to her role as a practice management consultant for ISMA since 2017, Carol also serves as practice manager for Medical Pain and Spine Care of Indiana in Noblesville.
Designation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Disclosure Policy: In accordance with The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by the ISMA must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. Prior to the activity, all faculty, authors, editors and planning committee members participating in an ISMA-sponsored activity are required to disclose to attendees any financial relationships with an “ineligible company” whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Statement: No member of the CME Planning Committee or our speaker have any relevant financial relationships with an ineligible company to disclose.
If you have questions, contact ISMA Continuing Medical Education staff at 800-257-4762 or email@example.com.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Dec. 8, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. ET
When registering, please ensure you are taking the following steps to complete the order.
- Click on the orange “Register” button at the bottom of the event landing page.
- Your registration will then be “pending checkout.” Please click on the orange “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Your Shopping Cart will display. Please click on the orange “Submit Order” button.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted the order, an Order Confirmation page pops up indicating that “a confirmation email is being sent to you” at the email address on file. That confirmation email will contain the Zoom link needed to access the webinar.