Women, Mental Health and Addiction
Accredited for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Thurs., Mar. 9, 2023
Noon – 1 p.m. ET
The 2023 Live Opioid CME Series is FREE for members and nonmembers,
thanks to support by a State Opioid Response Grant from:
Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
Division of Mental Health and Addiction
Initiation of substance use by women is often related to family or partner use, a co-occurring mood disorder such as depression or anxiety, or an eating disorder. Women who have a substance use disorder (SUD) are also more likely to have histories of trauma, including sexual or physical abuse, and abuse in childhood. Over the past decade, much has been learned about treating women with SUDs. This webinar is intended to offer guidance to providers about the particular needs and approaches to treatment and support of women, including key messages, recommendations for screening, and assessment.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Outline three points of consideration when assessing women with mental illness or substance use disorders.
- Describe salient points of discussion when providing preconceptual care in regard to substance use and mental health.
- Recognize the specific role trauma plays in the assessment and treatment of women with mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
Carolyn Warner-Greer, MD, MS, FACOG, FASAM
Medical Director, Bowen Recovery Center
About the speaker:
Dr. Warner-Greer is originally from Portland, Oregon. She is a graduate of Ball State University and Indiana University School of Medicine. She is board certified in obstetrics-gynecology and addiction medicine and currently serves as medical director of the Bowen Recovery Center, a new opioid treatment center in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
She is immediate past president of the Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Addiction Medicine, participates in the Allen County Overdose Fatality Review Team as well as the Maternal Child Substance Use Disorder Network, and speaks frequently on all topics related to the medical treatment of mental health and addiction recovery.
Designation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Disclosure Policy: In accordance with The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by the ISMA must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. Prior to the activity, all faculty, authors, editors and planning committee members participating in an ISMA-sponsored activity are required to disclose to attendees any financial relationships with an “ineligible company” whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Statement: No member of the CME Planning Committee or our speaker have any relevant financial relationships with an ineligible company to disclose.
If you have questions, contact ISMA Continuing Medical Education staff at 800-257-4762 or email@example.com.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Mar. 9, 2023, at 11:30 a.m. ET
When registering, please ensure you are taking the following steps to complete the order.
- Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the event landing page.
- Your registration will then be “pending checkout.” Please click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Your Shopping Cart will display. Please click on the “Submit Order” button.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted the order, an Order Confirmation page pops up indicating that “a confirmation email is being sent to you” at the email address on file. That confirmation email will contain the Zoom link needed to access the webinar.