The ISMA is seeking physicians to serve on reference committees during ISMA’s annual convention. Committee members provide a valuable service to their colleagues statewide by hearing debate on resolutions and making recommendations to the House of Delegates.
Reference committees are divided into four subject areas:
- ISMA and AMA Matters and Constitution and Bylaws
- Legislative Issues
- Socio-Economic and Regulatory Issues
- Public Health Issues
Each committee member is responsible for:
- Reviewing the resolutions and appropriate background prior to the hearing
- Thoroughly investigating each proposal at the hearing
- Working with fellow reference committee members to create a report immediately following the hearing
- Attending the second session of the ISMA House of Delegates to deliver the committee's recommendations to the delegates in attendance
Reference committees will meet Saturday morning, Sept. 25, between 8 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Committee members also are encouraged to attend the House of Delegates meeting on Sunday morning, Sept. 26.
If you are interested in serving, contact Rhonda Bennett at the ISMA at (317) 261-2060, (800) 257-4762.
If there is an issue that concerns you, why not put it into a resolution? Now is the time to prepare this important document.
As a resolution author, you will need to:
- Provide additional background information to committee members to explain or support the issue you are presenting.
- Attend the reference committee meeting, or appoint a designee, to respond to questions. This helps committee members deliberate each resolution.
The deadline to submit resolutions is Monday, July 26. Find tips on how to write a resolution here.
Review last year’s resolutions on the ISMA website.