You can be a key part of the ISMA policy-setting process by serving on a reference committee during the House of Delegates annual meeting Sept. 5-7 at the Westin Hotel in Indianapolis.
Don’t forget these important dates
June 13 – Community service award nominations due. Read more at www.ismanet.org/convention.
July 7 – Resolutions must be submitted to the ISMA
Sept. 5-7 – ISMA Annual Convention, Westin Hotel, Indianapolis
More than 20 volunteers are needed to serve on four committees that address member-authored resolutions on these subjects:
- ISMA and AMA Matters and Constitution and Bylaws
- Legislative Issues
- Socio-Economic and Regulatory Issues
- Public Health Issues
Duties of reference committee members include:
- Reviewing the resolutions and appropriate background prior to the meeting on Saturday morning, Sept. 6
- Listening to testimony supporting or opposing resolutions
- Working with fellow reference committee members to create a report immediately following the hearing
- Attending the second session of the ISMA House of Delegates on Sunday morning, Sept. 7, to deliver the committee's recommendations to delegates in attendance
“We strive to have representation from all 13 districts,” said Speaker of the House Heidi Dunniway, M.D. “I encourage members to consider serving on a reference committee. It’s important to the democratic process of the organization and provides an excellent opportunity for members to effect change.”
For more information, contact the ISMA at (800) 257-4762 or (317) 261-2060.