Do you know of a physician whose volunteer work in the community – outside of medicine – has been outstanding? Do you know a layperson who has worked hard to improve the health and well-being of local residents?
Honor them with a nomination for one of three ISMA awards.
Physician Community Service Award
This award honors an Indiana physician who has made civic, cultural, social or economic contributions to the community. Physicians and citizens may submit nominations.
To be eligible, the physician nominee must:
- Be licensed within the state of Indiana
- Be living
- Not have received the award previously
- Compiled an outstanding record of community service, apart from specific identification as a physician, that reflects well on the profession
Patient Health Advocate Award
Only ISMA physician members may submit nominations for this award that recognizes a non-physician who has made great contributions to the health and well-being of Hoosier patients.
Nominations must include:
- Current biography of the nominee
- Letter of recommendation outlining the contributions by the nominee
- Any articles or documents highlighting the nominee’s contribution to the health of Indiana citizens
Dr. Kathleen Galbraith Legacy Leadership Award
In memory of long-time ISMA member Kathleen Galbraith, M.D., this award honors those who share Dr. Galbraith’s passion to increase awareness of domestic violence in Indiana.
To be nominated, applicants:
- Must be living
- Can be a legislator, physician or layperson
- May not have received this award previously
- Must be nominated only by an ISMA committee, commission or member in good standing
Also, nominations must include documentation, including a letter acknowledging the nominee’s qualifications and significant contributions to promote the health and safety of younger members in the community by addressing issues of endangerment and/or violence. These efforts should have been provided without compensation.
The three awards will be presented Sunday, Sept. 18, during the ISMA’s annual convention.
The deadline to submit nominations is June 14. Download nomination forms on the ISMA convention page or for hard copies, call Rhonda Bennett at the ISMA at (317) 261-2060 or (800) 257-4762.