The 2013 General Assembly passed SB 415 that takes effect July 1. The new law requires all health care providers to report immunization data to the state’s Children and Hoosier Immunization Registry Program (CHIRP), a free web-based tracking system. CHIRP also offers an electronic library of immunization-related resources that can help you and your patients.
Here are other benefits of the registry:
- CHIRP training videos and documents
- Immediate access to immunization records of a patient previously seen elsewhere
- Ability to track vaccine inventory by lot number
- Accurate forecasting to prevent invalid or unneeded doses of vaccine
- Display stating why a vaccine marked invalid doesn’t meet ACIP guidelines
- Reminder cards and letters to patients
- A list of school immunization requirements
Find information on the CHIRP website.