Have you checked the state’s online Children and Hoosier Immunization Registry Program (CHIRP) lately?
The free web-based registry helps you track immunization records of children any time, any place. It offers an electronic library of immunization-related resources that can help you and your patients.
Also, don’t forget that all physicians who administer immunizations to children will be required by law to enter data in CHIRP beginning July 1, 2015.
In the Document Center on the CHIRP website, you will find:
- CHIRP user documents
- Information on vaccines for children
- School immunization requirements
- CHIRP training videos
Here are other benefits of the registry:
- Immediate access to immunization records of a patient previously seen elsewhere
- Ability to track vaccine inventory by lot number
- Accurate forecasting to prevent invalid or unneeded doses of vaccine
- Display feature stating why a vaccine marked invalid does not meet ACIP guidelines
- Reminder cards and letters to patients
Find information at the CHIRP website.