The AMA held its 2014 interim meeting in November and among the 46 resolutions considered by the AMA House of Delegates were five submitted by the ISMA.
Past President Kevin Burke, M.D., was the author of four ISMA resolutions submitted:
- AMA Res. 806 International In-Flight Medical Emergency Waiver – Reaffirmed due to existing policy
- AMA Res. 601 Employee Associations and Collective Bargaining for Physicians – Adopted
- AMA Res. 807 Medical Emergency Algorithms – Not Adopted
- AMA Res. 201 Short-Term Urgent Refills – Referred to the Board of Trustees
One ISMA-submitted resolution was authored by Past President Vidya Kora, M.D.:
- AMA Res. 808 Access to Psychiatric Services – Reaffirmed due to existing policy
See these complete resolutions here.
Read more about the activities and outcomes of the meeting, as well as news about other AMA actions, on the AMA website.