Are you or a colleague having difficulty dealing with stress? Anger? Drinking or other substance abuse? The ISMA Physician Assistance Program (PAP) was created to assist physicians experiencing difficulties in their personal or professional lives.
The program addresses a range of concerns including:
- Alcohol and drug use disorders
- Mental health disorders
- Disruptive behavior
- Boundary violations
- Physical illnesses
Our program has a very high success rate for returning physicians to a healthy full-time status. Group practices and health organizations (including hospitals) are welcome to utilize our services as well.
To make it easier to find help, a new streamlined PAP section is making its debut on the ISMA website.
The tabbed layout offers a concise presentation of the program, new treatment facilities and some additional outside resources. Articles and website links will be added on a regular basis and may be of use in your practice for your patients, a troubled colleague – or yourself.
For confidential referrals, please call (800) 257-4762 or (317) 261-2060 and ask for the Physician Assistance Program staff.
- Confidential screening and referral
- Consultation for physician health-related concerns
- Case management designed to provide support and accountability to the physician
- Advocacy services to provide reports(at the physician’s request)to outside sources (e.g., credentialing committees)
- Education on physician health-related concerns