This year, the ISMA is teaming with district medical societies to offer opportunities to personally meet with state legislators and discuss important issues with them. The meetings will be information-packed sessions that will update you on the ISMA’s accomplishments and challenges at the Statehouse during the last session and provide insights on actions to come next year.
|Pictured are attendees from last year’s legislative dinners.
|Rep. Bob Heaton, R-Terre Haute, greets (left to right) David Chang, M.D.; Ha Do, M.D.; Christopher Watson, M.D.; Michael Ha, M.D.; and Christopher Miller, M.D.
|Sen. Patricia Miller, R-Indianapolis, and Mercy Obeime, M.D.
The meetings will include discussion on:
- Medicaid expansion
- Controlled substances regulation
- The changing medical practice environment
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to present your ideas for resolutions for the House of Delegates meeting, Sept. 20-22, in Indianapolis. For details, call the ISMA at (317) 261-2060 or (800) 257-4762.
ISMA district meeting and legislative dinners
- May 29 – 2nd District Medical Society meeting, Red Skelton Performing Arts Center, Vincennes
- June 5 – 6th & 8th District Medical Society meeting, JJ Winery, Richmond
- June 6 – 1st District Medical Society meeting, Evansville Country Club
- June 12 – 9th District Medical Society meeting, The Trails Banquet Facility, West Lafayette
- June 20 – 3rd District Medical Society meeting, Calumet Club, New Albany
- June 27 – 4th District Medical Society meeting, Otter Creek Golf club, Columbus
- June 26 – 13th District Medical Society meeting, Elcona Country Club, Elkhart
- Aug. 14 – 12th District Medical Society meeting, Fort Wayne Country Club
- Aug. 21 – 11th District Medical Society meeting, PASTAriffic Italian Restaurant, Kokomo