During convention this fall, your help is needed to serve on one of four reference committees, giving you the chance to influence ISMA policy on the ground floor.
Specifically, reference committee members:
- Review resolutions and appropriate background prior to meeting Saturday morning, Sept. 21
- Listen to testimony supporting or opposing resolutions
- Work with fellow committee members to create a report immediately following the hearing
- Attend the second session of the ISMA House of Delegates to deliver the committee’s recommendations
Reference committees consist of five members and one alternate and address four subject areas:
- ISMA and AMA Matters and Constitution and Bylaws
- Legislative Issues
- Socio-Economic and Regulatory Issues
- Public Health Issues
Speaker of the House John Wernert, M.D., will provide brief instructions to reference committees Saturday morning, Sept. 21, at 7 a.m.
Also, Dr. Wernert and Vice Speaker of the House Heidi Dunniway, M.D., provide additional details in a video on the ISMA convention page.
To volunteer, call the ISMA at (317) 261-2060 or (800) 257-4762 or email Rhonda Bennett.
Important dates to remember
June 21 – Community service nominations are due.
July 22 – Resolutions must be submitted to the ISMA
Sept. 20-22 – ISMA Annual Convention, JW Marriott Indianapolis, downtown. For information, see here.