If you are working toward Medical Director Certification, you may be interested in a scholarship offered by the Indiana Health Care Policy Institute (IHCPI).
The IHCPI is accepting scholarship applications for the AMDA Core Curriculum on Medical Direction on Long Term Care. The course will be held Nov. 2-8, 2013, in Orlando, Fla. But don’t wait! The deadline to apply is March 31.
- Reside in Indiana
- Have completed the U.S. Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or American Osteopathic Association accredited post-graduate training program, or a Canadian Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons or College of Family Physicians accredited post-graduate training program, or completed a relevant U.S. post-graduate training and successful attainment of U.S. state licensure to practice medicine.
- Hold a current, unrestricted, state license as a medical doctor (M.D.) or doctor of osteopathy (D.O.) in the U.S. or an equivalent license to practice medicine in Canada
- Spend a minimum of eight hours each month in service as a medical director in a long term-care setting
- Have a passion to work with the elderly or disabled populations
- Agree to a personal interview in Indianapolis if and when requested by IHCPI
Completed applications should include:
- A photocopy of your current Indiana medical license
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay
- The completed AMDA Core Curriculum on Medical Direction Registration Form
Find information along with the application here or call Katie Niehoff, IHCPI executive director, at (317) 616-9028.