House Speaker John Wernert, M.D., and Vice Speaker Heidi Dunniway, M.D., personally invite you to become involved in the ISMA by volunteering to serve on a reference committee. The committees will meet during the ISMA’s annual convention Sept. 16-18.
In a video, posted on the ISMA convention page, Drs. Wernert and Dunniway describe the five reference committees and outline member responsibilities. The committees include these subject areas:
- ISMA and AMA Matters and Constitution and Bylaws
- Legislative Issues
- Socio-Economic and Regulatory Issues
- Public Health Issues
Each committee member is responsible for:
- Reviewing the resolutions and appropriate background prior to the hearing
- Thoroughly investigating each proposal at the hearing
- Working with fellow reference committee members to create a report immediately following the hearing
- Attending the second session of the ISMA House of Delegates to deliver the committee's recommendations to the delegates
Reference committee members will briefly gather Friday evening, Sept. 16, for instructions from the Speaker of the House. On Saturday morning, Sept. 17, they will hear resolutions. Committee members also are encouraged to attend the House of Delegates meeting on Sunday morning, Sept. 18.
If you are interested, contact the ISMA’s Rhonda Bennett at (317) 261-2060, (800) 257-4762.