This year’s ISMA annual convention Sept. 20-22 provides you the chance to honor a colleague or layperson who has worked hard to improve the health and well-being of local residents. Now is the time to submit a nomination for one of these awards.
Physician Community Service Award
This award honors an Indiana physician who has made civic, cultural, social or economic contributions to the community. Physicians and citizens may submit nominations.
To be eligible, the physician nominee must:
- Be licensed within the state of Indiana
- Be living
- Not have received the award previously
- Have an outstanding record of community service, apart from specific identification as a physician, that reflects well on the profession
Patient Health Advocate Award
Only ISMA physician members may submit nominations for this award that recognizes a non-physician who has made significant contributions to the health and well-being of Hoosier patients.
Nominations must include:
- Current biography of the nominee
- Letter of recommendation outlining the contributions by the nominee
- Articles or documents highlighting the nominee’s contribution to the health of Indiana
Dr. Kathleen Galbraith Legacy Leadership Award
This award honors the memory of long-time ISMA member Kathleen Galbraith, M.D., who had a passion to advocate for patients, especially teenagers, who might be victims of domestic violence. If you know of someone who shares that vision, consider nominating the person for this award.
To be nominated, applicants:
- Must be living
- Can be a legislator, physician or layperson
- May not have received this award previously
- Must be nominated only by an ISMA committee, commission or member in good standing
All applications should include documentation, such as a letter acknowledging the nominee’s qualifications and significant contributions to promote the health and safety of younger members in the community by addressing issues of endangerment and/or violence. These efforts should have been provided without compensation.
All three awards will be presented to the recipients during the ISMA’s annual convention; however, the deadline to submit nominations is June 21. Download nomination forms on the ISMA website or for a hard copy, call Rhonda Bennett at the ISMA at (317) 261-2060 or (800) 257-4762.