As the largest Indiana physician organization, ISMA can provides you and your employees with cost-effective, easy to use resources, tools and professional development.
Why spend money on professional development for the staff?
Here’s why professional development remains strategically important to your practice:
- CPT and ICD-9-CM codes change yearly, and incorrect coding leads to denied claims.
- Claim denials reduce revenue through delayed payments, no payments at all, and lost staff time attempting to secure reimbursement.
- Employees who understand their role within the medical practice exhibit more self-confidence and make better employees.
- Confident employees do the extra research needed to get claims paid correctly by insurance companies, and don’t accept denials without pursuing payment.
- A thorough understanding of Medicaid and Medicare rules prepares staff to ask the hard questions and better educate patients.
- Training staff to interact positively leads to satisfied patients who won’t jump to another practice.
|Professional development materials|
|Medical Business Specialist Certification Program|
For a more detailed sitemap click here.