- Begin with a clear action or stand you would like ISMA to take on an issue, and the reasons.
- Write a short title.
- Include your name or the names of ISMA members introducing the resolution.
- Develop one or more "Whereas" statements explaining the issue and why ISMA action is requested.
- Conclude with one or more “Resolved” statements that must stand alone and say what you want ISMA to do in a clear and specific action plan. For example: "Resolved, that ISMA seek legislation at the state level requiring health insurers to end the practice of rescission."
- For help, call ISMA at (800) 257-4762 or (317) 261-2060.
Submissions of 2017 resolutions are now closed.
Resolution background is due Monday, Aug. 21.
Read all 2017 resolutions here.